Thursday, August 06, 2009

Chicago's Own John Hughes Dies from Heart Attack


My Top Ten John Hughes films to follow.

Since my one week "radio silence" ban of HM ends today (BTW, how many wins for your local baseball team since your Sox-bashing post? One?!), I hope he will grace us with his comments of John Hughes film and all thing 80s (including pictures of himself in ht early 80s).

In my mind at least, John Candy greeted Hughes at the Heavenly Gates with cold brew!!

RIP, John Hughes, RIP.

3 comments:

HM said...

Sad, sad thing. I am amazed that he basically disappeared from the scene with 1991's "Curly Sue." Have our tastes in movies become so poor since 1991 that we couldn't enjoy a John Hughes film?

You punish your own readers due to some reminder I made that the Twins swept the White Sox?

K said...

No- that I was just a coincidence, I was just too busy to blog.

K said...

He actually has a good amount of writing credits after 1991, just not that good (example: "Drillbit Taylor" in 2008-yuck!). Read the Ebert sory on Hughes this morning that mentioned that for a tiem the most popular movie in India was "Baby's Day Out."