Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
1. Old Dominion (19) 4-1 738 3
2. Gonzaga (6) 3-2 709 1
3. St. Mary's (1) 6-1 702 5
4. Wichita State (4) 3-1 677 4
5. Cleveland State 7-0 647 7
6. VCU 4-1 594 8
7. Butler 3-2 549 2
8. Missouri State 4-2 502 9
9. George Mason 4-2 469 10
10. Loyola (Chicago) (1) 7-0 453 14
11. Kent State 6-1 403 16
12. Murray State 3-3 391 6
13. Creighton 4-2 359 13
14. Oakland 3-3 345 12
15. North Texas 4-1 275 23
16. Rider 4-2 220 15
17. South Dakota State 5-0 201 25
18. Portland 5-2 197 17
19. Ohio 4-2 187 20
20. Northern Iowa 2-2 165 22
21. Vermont 4-1 145 NR
22. College of Charleston 4-3 140 18
23. Appalachian State 2-2 118 21
24. Hampton 5-1 94 NR
25. Coastal Carolina 6-2 90 NR
1. Da Bears!! I was at Soldier Field yesterday watching my Bears take sole possession of first place in the NFC North. I don't care whether or not you think the Bears are "for real", but the 8-3 Bears stopped the "non-stoppable" Michael Vick. Two days ago, the talking heads were proclaiming the Eagles the best team in the NFC. Now....?
2. Stayed up very late to watch the Boise State- Nevada game. While I was absolutely rooting for Nevada, I can't help but fell badly for the Boise State kicker.
3. DUKE -Oregon, no contest. This is a very talented Blue Devils team. It can be very sloppy for portions of the game and then just turn on the turbos and go on a 12-2 like run. The rest of the ACC, so far, looks bad. The Big Ten should easily win the ACC-Big Ten challenge this year. Easily!!
4. Both the Blackhawks and the Bulls return home from "the Circus trip" and both are looking good.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
With Philadelphia's Spectrum going down, it's time to remember the greatest moment in the history of The Spectrum
Monday, November 22, 2010
Former Chicago Bear Leslie Frazier takes over for Chilly as Minnesota Head Coach. Further proof of the influential value of the Super Bowl Shuffle
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
But their reps are denying it.
After the loss to the Golden Gophers, Illini fans were not happy (understandable, considering that the Gophers were winless int he Big Ten). As I said before, things were looking good for the Illini at 5-3, but now Ron Zook seems to be feeling the heat of pretty much must-win against Northwestern at Wrigley Field (I am guessing that there will be some drinking in Wrigleyville this Saturday. Just maybe). I, personally, am looking forward to a Erin Andrews sighting in the neighborhood.
Northwestern will be without QB Persa. But the Illini fans that I have spoken to, are not very optimistic.
Monday, November 15, 2010
1. Illini!?! How could you lose to the Gophers!? Two weeks ago, things were looking up for the Illini @ 5-3, with all three loses against decent teams. Now the Illini have a record of 5-5 and once again Ron Zook is an awful coach. A win over Northwestern @ Wrigley Field may be a must win for Zook to keep his job. BTW, ESPN's College Gameday is coming to Wrigleyville this Saturday.
2. Hard to root for Auburn if you watched the last few minutes of the Georgia win. Two Auburn players were ejected. Then again, don't really want to see TCU or Boise in the BCS title game.
3. Wisconsin is being ripped all over for running up the score against the Hoosiers. Third time this season that the Badgers are getting ripped for running up the score.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
1. On Saturday night, Visanthe Shiancoe tweeted: "I'm hungry for Bear.. anyone want to join me for a feast?" I would like to suggest The Grizzly Lounge on North Lincoln Avenue, which serves exotic burgers. You obviously were not talking about your team's play at Soldier Field, were you? Wow, you are 3-5 and you are going on the road and you are trash-talking (or "trash-tweeting")!?! Well, now you are 3-6, and guess what, so far no tweets from you. Interesting. Gee, maybe it's not all Chilly's fault. Just maybe.
2. Brett Favre, thank you for the 4 turnovers. Cutler outplays Favre!! Wow!! Favre's post-game speech sounded like a retirement speech. A far cry from Favre singing "Pants on the ground" after games last season.
3. Thank you for kicking and punting to Devin Hester! Thank you.
Friday, November 12, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Watched the College of Charleston v. Maryland Twerps game last night. Apparently I was more interested in the game than Maryland fans. Go ahead Twerps make funny of the Cameron Crazies for painting themselves blue. Apparently many of you dressed as empty seats for yesterday's game. You gotta come out for more than just the DUKE and UNC games. Do you think Cameron will be packed on Sunday for the Princeton game!? Without a doubt!!
Go to hell, Carolina, go to hell!!!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
1. "The Best that Never Was"- watched the "30 for 30" on Marcus Dupree last night. If you know who Marcus Dupree is, watch this show. If you don't know who Marcus Dupree is, watch this show. At 2 hours, the program was a little too long, but still a must-see. Still have my old copy of "Sport" magazine (remember that!) with Marcus Dupree on the cover with the following quote: "Marcus Dupree. Will he be the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy?"
2. Yesterday, I read that former Bull Quintin Dailey died at the age of 49.
Dailey pleaded guilty of sexual assault on a University of San Fran nursing student. Bulls drafted him anyway. Women's' organizations protested in front of the old Chicago Stadium. He had a 40 plus scoring game for the Bulls, but also once was shown eating popcorn and a hot dog on the bench. Drug use and other erratic behavior marred his career in the NBA.
Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Monday, November 08, 2010
2. NFL: I am kinda surprised that Buffalo has not yet one a game this season. Certainly my view may be distorted by the fact that they just played the Bears, but Ryan Fitzpatrick is not an awful quarterback (certainly better than anyone on the Carolina Panthers roster!). Decent receivers plus CJ Spiller at running back!! The Dallas Cowboys are just awful!!! Whether or not it's Wade's fault, Jerry Jones has got to fire him very soon.
3. Conan is back tonight finally!
4. College Hoops is almost here- (Duke v. Princeton on Sunday!).
Thursday, November 04, 2010
This will hopefully allow TEG, HM and I rid ourselves of the bad taste of Quin Synder as a Duke point guard!