Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Withdraw My Previous Apology To Bobby Jenks!


From My Tuesday, July 06, 2010 Post:

I Guess It Is My Turn to APOLOGIZE To Bobby Jenks!

From Chicago Breaking News.com

Sox's Jenks honored; first-half comparisons
July 6, 2010 3:21 PM No Comments
By Mark Gonzales

White Sox closer Bobby Jenks was selected as Major League Baseball's Delivery Man of the Month for June.

Jenks led the majors with 10 saves in June and had an 0.75 ERA in 13 appearances. Jenks has converted 12 consecutive save chances dating back to May 11.

Here's a statistical 81-game comparison of the Sox in 2009 and 2010:
Year record batting average runs home runs ERA
2009 42-39 .260 362 96 3.94
2010 43-38 .252 355 88 4.19

From my post on May 26, 2010:

Despite Joe West's and Bobby Jenks' best/worst efforts, the White Sox hold on to a 5-4 win over the Tribe.
I thought I would be posting about Joe West but Bobby has taken away some of that thunder.
Jenks' enters the 9th with a 5-1 lead.
And this is what follows:
double, walk, single, walk (run in 5-2), base hit (2 run in, 5-4); STILL NO OUTS, sacrifice bunt (1 out), intentional walk, strike-out (2 outs), flyout!!
Badger and I debated whether or not the Sox should have gotten rid of Jenks during the offseason. I said yes, while you could have still gotten something for him. Sadly, it looks like I was correct. Sox have other options at closer- Thornton, JJ Putz and even the rookie Santos (Bobby Jenks was not the Opening Day roster in 2005, so why not try Santos!?).
Yikes!!!
Back to Joe West. He has now tossed Ozzie three times. Watch the replay of him tossing Buerhle. Joe West should not be allowed to ump any Yankees, Red Sox, or White Sox games.

No comments: