Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve Bowls


Yesterday saw some "interesting" games, especially Syracuse benefitting from a ridiculious "excessive celebration" penalty and Tennessee letting victory slip thru the fingertips. In yesterday's finale, Nebraska played like it already joined the Big Ten (that's the Mediocre conference with 12 teams, but we'll call it the Big Ten)-disappointing. How can you lose to a Washington that you dominated earlier in the year. Anyway, today's games:

1. Meineke Car Care Bowl- South Florida v. Clemson: too much uncertainty over who will qb for USF. I'll take Clemson.

2. Sun Bowl-Miami v. Notre Dame: Can't figure ND out this year. This team loses to Tulsa at home. But then again, Tulsa won it's bowl game. Despite my hatred for ND (sorry, TPO), i think Notre Dame wins a close one.

3. Liberty-UCF v. (10-3) v. Georgia (6-6)- This is the game I'd most want to watch, but I will be at the UC watching Bulls-Nets. Georgia has not been impressive. I will pick Central Florida.

4. Chick-fil-a- Bowl- Florida State (9-4) v. South Carolina (9-4)-I think South Carolina is the better team, but every time the Gamecocks should go on a role or win a big game, they fail. I'm gonna pick them one more time.

No comments: