Saturday, January 01, 2011

It's New Year's Day, which means College Football!!




Six games today with FIVE Big Ten teams in action today. Really, 5 Big Ten teams. With my record at 15-7, there is little reason to follow my picks- I don't.
1. Ticket City Bowl-Texas Tech (7-5) v. Northwestern (7-5): As much as I respect Northwestern's coach, Pat Fitzgerald, the Wildcats are not the same team without QB Dan Persa. I 'll take Texas Tech.


2. Outback Bowl: Penn State (7-5) v. Florida (7-5): Urban Meyer's last game at Florida, which means Penn State will win.


3. Capital One Bowl: Alabama (9-3) v. Michigan State (11-1): The Spartans have only one loss and defeated Rose Bowl bound Wisconsin. On paper Alabama is clearly the better team. I will go with the better team on paper- Alabama.


4. Gator Bowl- Michigan (7-5) v. Mississippi State (8-4). WTF Tate Forcier?! I can't wait to watch Denard Robinson begin his 2011 Heisman campaign (I think RichRod stays as long as he gets a new Defensive coordinator). But at some point in the game Denard RObinson will need to come out of the game- simply because of his style of play. Without Tate Forcier, who was ruled ineligible by the school, that could mean trouble. I will be rooting for Michigan, but without Tate Forcier, I will pick Mississippi State.


5. Rose Bowl- TCU (12-0) v. Wisconsin (11-1). The Grandaddy of them all- not quite. I would have preferred a Wisconsin-Stanford match-up. I will be rooting for Wisconsin to lose, but it is difficult to pick against them. Badgers


6. Fiesta Bowl- Oklahoma v. UConn- Just like the UConn women's bball team, UConn will lose. Boomer, Sooner, Sooner, Boomer!


No comments: