Friday, July 06, 2012

Jake Peavy's thanks for #TakeJake


White Sox fans - you're awesome!
I can't even begin to express my appreciation for everything you did this week to try and get me on the American League roster for the All-Star Game. Like I said all along, even more than winning or losing the Final Man vote, I feel incredibly blessed to have the support of the front office, my coaches and teammates and, of course, you, the best fans in baseball. Though it didn't go in our favor, this vote and the amount of effort put into it - from the campaign taglines and videos to all the words of encouragement and excitement - reminded me of everything I love about baseball.
I'd like to congratulate Yu Darvish of the Rangers - he's a great pitcher, and I know he'll be a valuable addition to the AL staff. And I wish my All-Star teammates Paul Konerko, Adam Dunn and Chris Sale, along with the whole AL club, the best of luck in bringing us home-field advantage in the World Series - because I strongly believe that it's going to matter to our ballclub in the end. I can't wait to get back on the mound and do everything I can to help us capture the AL Central Division title and win another World Series championship for White Sox fans and the city of Chicago. Get ready for a whole lot of fun during the second half!
Thanks again, White Sox fans.
Sincerely -
Jake Peavy

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Gotta admit the dude has class.