Tuesday, September 19, 2006


Good luck to the Tigers and Twins in the playoffs as the White sink with the speed of quicksand out of contention. Maybe this will make me appreciate last year even more as, something I never even dreamed of, the World Series was played in my hometown and the team that my dad took me to as a kid won the World Series. Alas, magic could not return to the Southside as the pitching failed to match last year's standard. Plus the Tigers amazing first half coupled with the Twins amazing second half meant that the Sox will be singing a familiar refrain often heard in Chicago, especially on the North Side" " Wait till next year!" Go Tigers!

6 comments:

Al Swearengen said...

Could one more profanity-laced proclamation by Ozzie spur your squad back to life?

K said...

You should have heard the profanity coming out of my mouth last night!

Anonymous said...

It's not over yet. Anything can happen.

UIC Badger

K said...

Pepper likes pumkin

HM said...

I wouldn't give up yet. The Twins are held together by baling wire and the strong bond of hope. One more pitching injury and they may be starting a guy who went 4-10 this year at AA (I kid you not).

Anonymous said...

As I said, anything can happen. The good news is that I can pay off all of my bets that the SOX will make the playoffs in Canadian dollars. That will save me some money!

UIC Badger,

Alon