Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Yes- Marquette beat Duke last night, but let's stop calling this an upset! In the ESPN/USA Today Poll, the Warriors were ranked #17 while Duke was #8. In the AP, it was much closer as Marquette was #13 and Duke held the #9 ranking. With the two teams ranks so close, this early in the, this was at best a mild upset. This was not Oral Roberts beating Kansas! As I told AFG, Marquette is a damn good team and Dominic James put on a stellar performance. I could rip plenty on Duke's performance, especially McRoberts' lilly-assed play inside. However, I don't want to take away from Marquette and let's leave it at: "Go Warriors!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think this just shows that Duke is over-rated this year. I think that the team is young and inexperienced. In a couple of years if this highly talented team stays together, they will dominate. But, not this year.

I am worried about the UW/Marquette game now. I hope UW isn't over-rated as well. I've been looking at the pre-season rankings and I like what I see.

UIC Badger

Al Swearengen said...

The nation rejoices with every Duke loss!

K said...

Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell!