Friday, October 03, 2008


DODGERS WALLOP CUBS!

Wrigleyville in state of shock/disbelief/panic.
Who to blame:
1. Bartman? According to the "Book of Sport Curses", the Bartman curse can last for years. Cubs have not won a playoff game since that fatal night.
2. The Goat? Not even sure how this goofy curse works anymore, but some dumbass tried to bring a goat into Wrigley for Game #1.
3. Stupid Cubs Fans (not all Cubs fans, just the stupid ones)? Sat in the bleachers last night, and one fan tried to start the "Overrated" chant when Manny came up to the plate. Huh?! Cub fan in front me make fun of the Sox before the game. This "great Cubs fan" had no idea where the pitch speed was displayed- (all he had to do was look straight ahead and up); he left in the 7th inning.
4, Fukudome. For four months, he was loved by the Bleacher Bums. He has struggled mightily since the All-Star break. He and I have the same batting average in this playoff series (.000).
5. Lou- why are you starting Fukodome? (Great line from The Cubs Brickyard:
“I don’t think so. It’s worked pretty well so far,” Piniella said. “Why fix it if it isn’t broken? It’s for that same reason that I’m going to continue to start Kosuke Fukudome, despite the fact that he was the most pathetically, terrible, garbage hitter in all of baseball over the past few months. Heck, I might stick him back in the 2-hole.”
As a White Sox fan, part of me hates the Cubs. But, I feel for my friends like Wally, Geez , et al. Hey guys, remember how down I was a week ago- well it's not over yet, the Cubs can easily win three in a row. Just don't bet on it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday would have been so sweet had the Sox won!

Badger

K said...

Brew Crew in trouble!