Thursday, February 26, 2009

NORM VAN LIER- LOVED BY BULLS FANS, YOUNG AND OLD

I was stuck in the car for about 2 hours today, so I got to listen to callers with their stories about Norm Van Lier. One caller recalled meeting Stormin' Norman when he was about 10 years old in line at a McDonald's with his dad. After asking his father who the familiar looking person was, his father told him it was Norm Van Lier. His father introduced himself and his son to Norm. Norm asked the young kid if he played sports and the kid told him that he was in Little League. The father and son sat down at a booth to eat, when the kid felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Norm, who asked if he could sit down and eat with the two of them. They talked about Little League about sports.

I have been lucky enough to run into Norm a couple of times at sporting events and the radio promotions. I took a photo with him at one of those events and that picture hangs in my office.

RIP, Norm.

No comments: