Thursday, December 22, 2011

Commentary on Top TV Shows of 2011



1. The Walking Dead- I don't like zombie movies. I don't like horror movies, yet this is my favorite TV show of the year. It's about human relationship and how people deal with dire situations. Each show delivers at least one "holy crap" moment and talk about an incredible mid-season finale! Only a season and a half thus far so plenty of time to catch up.

2. Breaking Bad- So AMC is pretty much the best network for original programing and Sunday night (5 of my top ten shows air on Sunday night) is the best nite for TV viewing.

3. Homeland- best new show of 2011. In case you have not watched this show, do so.
Clare Danes is outstanding.

4. Justified- Loved the Bennett family story line of season 2. Margo Martindale won an emmy for her performance as Mags Bennett- and this is the one that the Emmys got right.

5. Boardwalk Empire- The last two episodes of the season kicked Boardwalk up a spot on this list. My biggest problem with this show is too many characters and too many storylines. But incredible acting and visually this show transports you to Prohibition Atlantic City.


6. Sons of Anarchy- underwhelming season finale- but still a good season overall.


7. Curb Your Enthusiasm - some of the funniest TV of the year.

8. Parks & Recreation- Didn't care for this show's season 1 but since then it has become "must-watch TV." Ron Swanson- currently the best character on TV?

9. Modern Family- don't love this show as much as some people but I have to admit it does make me laugh. Plus you get the added bonus of watching Sofia Vergara and Julie Bowen.

10. Episodes- Matt LeBlanc playing a dick version of himself. Outstanding!


HM- Lights Out, Breakout Kings and Person of Interest.

3 comments:

RKG said...

Ron Swanson wins in a walk. My view for close second is also on Parks and Rec-- Tom Haverford. Entertainment 720 anyone? Makes me laugh just thinking about it!

K said...

The Ron Swanson Beefburgers versus Turkey Burgers cook-off was classic! I am also a fan of Frank Reynolds on "It's Always Sunny In Philly" but it was an up and down season for that show.

Anonymous said...

(1) Justified, (2) Curb, (3) Boardwalk Empire (4) Game of Thrones (5) Modern Family (6) Hawaii Five-O. I haven't seen the other shows on the list, but I think I might start watching them.

Badger