Wednesday, January 10, 2007



Post-BCS Championship comments: With my site down for a good part of yesterday, I was not able to comemtn on the game and the season in general (or post these "championship photos"). How could so many of us be so wrong about Ohio State? With both Ohio State and Michigan taking a beating, it is obvious that the Big Ten was overrated.... At the end of the season I would vote the top five as follows: 1. Florida, 2. LSU, 3. USC, 4. Ohio State and 5. Boise State....Urban Meyer-best young college football in the USA or maybe just the best college football coach? He has only been a Head Coach for 6 years (at 3 schools!!) and he has one undefeated 12-0 season, a national championship, a 4-0 record in Bowl games and an overall record of 61-12. This at the age of 42! Just imagine if he coaches as long as JoePa?! Now we will see what he does with his own recruits!... Illinois fans should take some solace in the Gators' victory as Urban Meyer did it largely with Ron Zook's recruits. Hey, we know that Zook can recruit, but can he coach? Based on what I have seen so far, I have my doubts....Troy Smith another victim on the Heisman jinx in bowl games? Draft stock had to go down... Chris Leak's draft stock?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Badgers have to be in the top 5!!!

UIC Badger

Anonymous said...

The Badgers are #3 in the nation in basketball. They went 12-1 in Football. Yet, all I see when I turn on ESPN is DUKE, DUKE, DUKE. Sure, the Badgers were on ESPN last night, but every single DUKE game (and possibly even some DUKE team practices) is televised on ESPN. Except for K, and other Duke fans, I think people in the Midwest are sick and tired of DUKE games. More Big Ten and less ACC.

UIC Badger

Anonymous said...

Leak is similar to Danny Wuerffel and Steve Walsh so he may be able to catch on with the Bears.

Anonymous said...

Where is the link to the Badger website? Duke? Loyola? What about UW?

UIC Badger

K said...

UIC Badger, stop being so "provincial"! It is exactly that kind of thinking that fooled so many of us to think that Ohio State would win the BCS Championship. Badger-incredible at home; should probably lose to Ohio State in Columbus. The Big Ten has 2 stinking teams in the hoops top five, so stop your whinning. BTW, DUKE v. G. Tech on TV, do you want to watch the game with the girlfriend and me?!!

Anonymous said...

Another televised duke game? I'm not kidding when I say that every game is televised! Rain check on watching the game. This week is way too insanely busy.

UIC Badger

K said...

I wasn't really inviting you- it's the first time that the girlfirned is going to watch a DUKE game with me!! Anyay, there should be another DUKE game on TV this weekend!!

K said...

We love Florida QB here in Chicago!! Sexy Rexy....

Anonymous said...

Well, stil raincheck on the non-invite. Things clear up for me the day after MLK day.

UIC Badger

Anonymous said...

That sexy rexy comment--quite gay and "fierce"

UIC Badger

K said...

Great CYE reference!

Anonymous said...

thanks. I watch way too much TV

UIC Badger

K said...

HM has you beat on TV watching, easily!

Anonymous said...

But K, do you see my point? Too much DUKE. Maybe put in a Maryland or a Wake Forest game every so often and even dare I say North Carolina


UIC Badger

Anonymous said...

It's like a Duke overdose.

UIC Badger