Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Under the category "They get paid to do this." My friend, TEG, and friend/fellow blogger, HM, are fond of saying "They get paid to do this" when we hear sport commentators and media say stupid things. I don't just mean stupid predictions , but stating FACTS that are just wrong! Today I pick-up the Sun-Times (no Jay Mariatti column today!) and check the College Basketball page (page 104 for locals). Unnder the Associated Press Top 25, I see #14 Butler with its next game listed as "at Detroit, Saturday." Under "Area/Locals" I check Loyola and according to the Sun-Times, Loyola's next game is "vs. Wright State, 4 Saturday." Well the next game for Butler is @ Loyola this Thursday, i.e., tomorrow! Gee, you think a Chicago paper could get this correct!!!
http://loyolaramblers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012307aaa.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go BUTLER!!!

UIC Badger

K said...

You logic in rooting for Butler is very skewed to say the least.