Friday, April 18, 2008

DID YOU FEEL IT?
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_21830.aspx

That's the question that everyone is asking everyone in Chicago (and throughout the Midwest) today (before discussion turns to Brenneman ripping on Cubs' fans and Urlacher being a greedy bastard). Well the answer for is: Yes- I felt it. I was at my brother's house in Channahon- about 60 miles from Chicago (not far from Joliet). Very early this morning (found out later that it was about 4:35 am) I was awaken by the bed shaking- no more like vibrating and not in a good way. In my half awaken state I thought that make it was a semi-truck rambling by, but I quickly realized that not it couldn't be and then for a second, I thought- could this be an earthquake? Well, it stopped (this entire episode lasted no more than 15 seconds) and somehow I quickly went back to sleep. Well, like everyone else, i found out that there was an earthquake in downstate Illinois- West Salem Illinois- measuring 5.4 in magnitude. Well, at least, I;m not crazy and I wasn't dreaming. So, did you feel it?

1 comment:

Al Swearengen said...

Actually, those were the initial rumblings that Urlacher wants out of Chicago. You'll want to be on site to watch Soldier crumble if he gets his wish ...