Thursday, September 06, 2007


A guy I know who is an certified NFL Players Agent (doesn't represent any big names) once told me that the best QB in the 2003 NFL draft was Byron Leftwich. He said that the guy would be a huge star in the NFL because he had all the intangibles. I think his exact words were: "I saw him on the sidelines during a college game and I knew this guy had all the tools." He also was a big fan of DE Michael Haynes (tried to get him as a client) whom the Bears drafted in the 1st Round of the 2003 draft. Leftwich cut (although I think Jacksonville made a mistake cutting him). Michael Haynes cut by the Jets (his 3rd NFL team?). The same guy said that he thought that Kyle Orton was a "first rounder" and the Bears got him in a steal. Okay, Orton is better than most 3rd stringers in the NFL (in fact in may be the best 3rd string QB out there considering the crap that is in the league), but a first rounder? Alright, I shouldn't pat myself on the back but I think I know more about the NFL than this guy.

9 comments:

HM said...

Kelly Holcomb is a better third-stringer than Orton. He and Orton also share the rare gift of being 3rd stringers who are better than their respective starters!

HM

K said...

Last I checked, Kelly Holcomb was listed as 2nd string with Brooks Bollinger as 3rd string.

Anonymous said...

Arguing about 3rd string QB's puts you 2 a step BELOW the Kramer-Newman generic waxed bean conversation. Might be time to shut down the blog and re-tool. PAR

K said...

I'll pretend I didn't read that.

Al Swearengen said...

For my part, I'm hoping not to see any animal acts on the blog.

Might I suggest resumption of the top twenty sports significant others?

K said...

Since no one commented on Eva, I thought that no one cared. It will be back today. Also, thank you forr not suggesting a guest host blogger!

HM said...

I liked the "I'll pretend I didn't read that."

One time, in law school, Goodreid and I argued over whether Duke's 12th man John Goodman was better than UNC's 12th man Rodney Hyatt. So that was probably the all-time wax beans lowpoint.

K said...

Don't keep us in suspense- who won- Goodman or Hyatt? I'm guessing Hyatt.

HM said...

Never resolved. I believe that TEG argued for Goodman and I argued for Hyatt, but it may have been vice versa. We both agreed that it was the stupidest argument ever, so we just gave up.